J. David Gonce
- Pharmaceutical Formulations
- Paper Processing
- Environmental Remediation
- Chemical Processes
David supervises the ongoing prosecution and maintenance of the patent portfolios for multiple clients. He has also advised clients in negotiating the purchase of various patent portfolios.
In regard to litigation, David has assisted in multiple patent infringement lawsuits, including pre-trial discovery and motion practice, negotiating settlements, and appeals to the Federal Circuit. He also regularly prepares opinions of counsel in regard to questions of patent infringement and/or validity.
David joined LuedekaNeely as a law clerk in 1998. He became an associate of the firm in 1999 and a shareholder in 2008.
Prior to attending law school, David worked as Process Manager at Ethox Chemicals, in Greenville, SC. At Ethox, he worked extensively in the preparation and manufacturing of a broad range of surfactant chemicals, including ethoxylated and propoxylated alcohols, amines, and acids; esterified ethoxylates and propoxylates; and phosphate esters.
During law school, David also interned with the Patent Department of Milliken & Co., in Spartanburg, SC.
- Jurisprudence Doctor (cum laude) from Duke University School of Law, Durham, NC (1999)
- Bachelor of Science in Chemical Engineering (magna cum laude) from the University of South Carolina, Columbia, SC (1994)
- State of Tennessee (1999)
- Eastern District of Tennessee (2001)
- U.S. Court of Appeals For the Federal Circuit (2006)
- United States Patent and Trademark Office, 2001 (Registered Patent Attorney)
- “Protecting Your Client’s Intellectual Property.” Tennessee Bar Journal (October 2006).